followers to nessysnotes

Thursday 11 December 2008

flower power

well today i am showing a birthday card ~yes nice to leave the xmas stamps in the cupboard!! my mum ask me to make a card for her friend who has a birthday just after xmas, and who is in hospital after being in a terrible car crash a few months ago ~thought some bright colours is what was needed when your feeling low!!
used one of the sketches over on the scrapaddicts challenge for this challenge on highhopes wich the theme this week is "flower power".
used high hopes stamp aunt marges garden, see d`s wording ~paper, ribbon and embellishments from my stash ~finished with plenty of glitter!! (need to click on pic for detail)
hope you are keeping warm ~very cold here today!! byeeeeeeeeeeeee xx

16 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card! hugs linda x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the stamp its one of my HH favourites, lots of colouring which you've done a brilliant job with.

Annie said...

lovely warm colours on this card and I'm sure it will cheer up your Mum's friend. hugs, annie x

Heather said...

This is wonderful! Fabulous job!

Cathy said...

I love this, such a refreshing change after all the Christmas cards!. I love the image and the sunflower embellies.
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Unknown said...

Its lovely and almost springlike...nice one to cheer us ALL up on a cold wintry day :)

Anita Knits said...

Hi Vanessa. Thanks for the christmas card, it is lovely. Not been around for a while, as computer has been playing up, and I have been busy making presents, eg. scalves, mittens, knitted cakes (now don't laugh) and a pink teepee for my daughter. Could you email me with your address as we have had to restart our computer - my address is anita.cross@ntlworld.com. Thanks. Have a great christmas. anita

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Nessy, I love the cheery colours and a fab image. I'm sure your mum's friend will love it

bumblebee creations said...

love this card-so bright and cheerful!! I wish it was time for the flowers to come back already!! TFS!!

Becky said...

So bright and cheery Nessy, love how you've bought the sunflowers out of the image.
Love Becky xx

Jo said...

Beautiful card Vanessa...I'm sure it will do the trick! Very frosty down here today...Sam loved it, said he was "ice skating"!

Macpurp said...

what a beautiful card!
Love the big sunflower on it!
I am sick of doing Christmas cards now!
Have a couple of Birthday ones to do tomorrow.
It's really cold here too
xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. The image is so beautiful and you did a wonderful job of coloring it!! Love the embellishments. Such a beautiful sunny and cheery card and I know it will really brighten your mom's friend!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sunflowers!! A great card for your mom's friend!

Amy said...

very cute!

Deanne Clarke said...

What a cute card!!! thanks for using my sketch as inspiration!!