followers to nessysnotes

Tuesday 15 April 2008

scrapbook challenge

well here is a first for me!! a 12x12 scrapbook page ~scrummystash cafe`s challenge this week is a sketch ~ so up for this challenge i`ve had a go!! i had a lovely boxed scrapbook and coordinating bits, up in my cupboard for nearly a year, and kept saying i would start making it!! (always the next day!!) so thanks to scrummystash cafe (who have got me hooked on buttons and stealing my childs foam shapes) here is my first scrapbook page. i used brenda pinnick paper, photo tags, label and quote , (which reads: precious jewel, you glow, you shine, reflecting all the good things in the world ) photo of lewis when he was 2 years old, and quickutz revolution flourish die (please click on photo for better look). i am very pleased with my first attempt ,and am now looking forward to my next page , so some more sketches please , i do need some help starting!!!
what a day yesterday~ my washing machine just made a horrible noise and smelt of burning near the end of a wash, the end of it`s washing life!! so now over £300 lighter , we found a company who could deliver a new one today!! (husband said -oh may have to move your craft table/cupboard to get the new machine in ,through the living room!! mmmmm how long would that take to clear and move???)
hope you all have a good day , and it`s filled with "nice" surprises!! byeeeeeeeee xx

16 comments:

Vicki May said...

Well done Vanessa, your first page in great. And isn't Lewis cute.
What a pain about the washing machine. OOOOO and I hope you don't have to move your sideboard, I've seen what you have to move!!!!!!! Hope your day is better than yesterday big hugs Vicki oxo's

jo said...

wowwwwwwwwww nessy its very stunning, your first of many i hope, jo x

Amanda said...

thank you for such a lovely comment at my blog.
What a beautiful lo this is:)

Jo said...

Well done old girl!!! It's fabulous. Haven't done any scrapbooking for ages...it's on my to do list!!

Unknown said...

Its great, I can't believe its your first one.....great photo too. Sorry bout your washing machine, I hope you have a better day today - ChrissyX

Angie C said...

Well done on your 1st page Vanessa, it's gorgeous

Frances said...

this is fab, you're so good, my scrapbooking stuff is still in the cupboard (the xmas QVC version of your one!)

as for my list, you don't won't to know LOL

Maria McPherson said...

Gorgeous layout Nessy! Thanks for taking part. Maria x

Richelle said...

great job on the page! Bummer about your washing machine...darn thing!
Richelle

Unknown said...

well done! great page. :)

Vicki SBS13

Please come join the SBS 13 yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SBS13/

thanks.

Andrea, said...

Fab layout great colours and I love all the flourishes they look great. Hope your washing machine arrive

Vicki said...

This is fab Vanessa, now you've started something, you done a great job with the given sketch. I made a few scrapbooking pages using this kit, isn't it great, reminds me I really must put them on my blog. Hope your washing machine is up and running.....poor you xx vicki xx

Heather said...

This is a terrific page. I can't believe it is your first. It is awesome!

Lesley said...

Thats great Vanessa - so pleased you have had a go at scrapbooking! I love it! xxx

Kari said...

Great page! I love the colors and the swirls are really cute! Great layout too!

Anonymous said...

WOW its your first page - its fab, love it. :) Thanks for joining in with my challenge.

Vanessa.